Matcha green tea is a versatile and nutritious ingredient that you can incorporate into many breakfast dishes. Not only is it loaded with antioxidants, but it can also give you a natural energy boost to kickstart your day.
In this blog post, Magic Hour has rounded up two delicious and creative matcha breakfast recipes that are sure to inspire you in the kitchen. From savory omelets to sweet smoothies, these dishes are sure to satisfy your taste buds and fuel your body for a productive day ahead. So why wait? Start your day off right with these tasty matcha recipes:
1. Matcha Omelette
To make a matcha omelet, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon matcha powder
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter or oil
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and beat them with a fork.
- Add the matcha powder, milk, salt, and pepper to the eggs and mix until well combined.
- Heat a small skillet over medium heat and add the butter or oil.
- Once the skillet is hot, pour the egg mixture into the skillet and cook for about 2–3 minutes or until the edges start to set.
- Using a spatula, lift the edges of the omelet and tilt the pan to allow the uncooked egg to flow underneath.
- Continue cooking the omelet until it’s cooked through and no longer runny, about 2–3 more minutes.
- Carefully flip the omelet over and cook for 30 seconds to 1 minute until it’s fully cooked and golden brown on both sides.
- Serve the omelet hot, garnished with additional matcha powder or your choice of toppings.
This matcha omelet is a tasty and healthy way to start your day. The matcha adds a subtle earthy flavor and a pop of color to the dish, and the eggs provide protein to fuel your body. Enjoy it on its own or with your favorite toppings, such as cheese, herbs, or vegetables.
2. Matcha Smoothie Bowl
To make a matcha smoothie bowl, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup frozen berries (such as strawberries, raspberries, or blueberries)
- 1/2 cup milk or yogurt
- 1 teaspoon matcha powder
- 1 tablespoon honey or agave nectar (optional)
- Fresh fruit (e.g., sliced bananas, berries, or mango)
- Nuts (almonds, walnuts, or pecans)
- Seeds (chia seeds or pumpkin seeds)
- Coconut flakes
- Place the frozen banana, frozen berries, milk or yogurt, matcha powder, and honey or agave nectar (if using) in a blender.
- Blend the ingredients until smooth and creamy. If the smoothie is too thick, add more milk or yogurt until it reaches your desired consistency.
- Pour the smoothie into a bowl and top it with your choice of toppings.
- Serve the smoothie bowl immediately, or refrigerate it until ready to serve.
This matcha smoothie bowl is a delicious and nutritious way to start your day. The combination of frozen fruit, milk or yogurt, and matcha powder creates a creamy and satisfying smoothie packed with nutrients and flavor.
The toppings add texture and crunch that you can customize to your preferences.
Enjoy this smoothie bowl as a breakfast or a mid-morning snack to fuel your body and satisfy your taste buds!
SHOP MATCHA TEAS
Our pure and pristine matcha tea selections bring various benefits, such as: supporting your brain health and cognitive function, providing sustained and long-lasting energy, and giving your metabolism a warming boost. Our matcha teas nourish your body and being, while giving you a delicious experience of ecstasy on the palate.
Ceremonial Matcha 700
Our organic, ceremonial-grade Magic Hour Matcha comes from a pristine, lush valley in Kagoshima, Japan, far away from toxins and pollutants.
Ceremonial Matcha 1111
Like spring water kissed by angels, our Matcha 1111 is the highest grade of Ceremonial Matcha reserved for special occasions and for opening the mind to the infinite.