The birthstone of April brings us the glorious green-hued Emerald. It is a heart-healing gemstone, referred to as the “stone of successful love”, and has been used across the ages as a talisman to adorn royalty and support friendships, relationships and partnerships while enhancing equanimity, care and unconditional love. It also has been utilized to enhance one’s health and vitality, and lore states that it could even help one predict the future if placed under the tongue!
Emerald is a stone that fortifies the spirit, promoting inner equilibrium and inspiring positive change and action in one’s life. From improving our concentration to raising our consciousness, the vibrant green gemstone enhances our divine intuition, while rooting us in pure health, keen focus and strength. Aligning with our inner wisdom allows us to access our highest potential, and emeralds are a perfect companion stone to support you on your path.
Our Emerald Cherry Blossom Moringa Green Wellness Tea for Vitality & Luck features: Organic Sencha Green Tea, Pineapple, Organic Lemongrass, Organic Mao Jian Green Tea, Organic Matcha Powder, Organic Moringa and Monk Fruit.
- Sencha Green Tea is one of the most popular green teas in Japan and constitutes 80 percent of tea produced there. Based on an epidemiological study by Kazue Imai et. al., green tea could have “ properties that are anticancer in humans. Also, the polyphenols presence such as epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG) helps induce cell death or apoptosis in cancerous cells.” Sencha tea also gives our metabolism and energy a gentle boost, while lowering blood pressure, reducing cholesterol levels and improving cognitive function.
- Moringa is an incredible herb often called the “Miracle Tree”, and is revered for an extraordinary array of healing capabilities. It has been used for thousands of years in Ayurvedic medicine to balance hormones, protect the liver, lower inflammation and balance blood sugar. High in antioxidants, vitamin A, C and E, moringa has also been linked to thyroid health. It is high in protein and iron, so if you tend to run a little anemic, moringa can help balance your iron levels, while also strengthening hair and nails. Moringa is also soothing on the stomach and gut lining, supports digestion, and helps to clear out and detoxify the intestines. It contains antibacterial, antimicrobial and antibiotic properties, and fights against bacterial disease as well. It contains calcium and phosphorus which helps keep bones healthy and strong and even helps treat depression, anxiety and fatigue! What can’t this plant do?!
- Matcha is unlike other varieties of green tea, in that it is consumed as a powder made from the whole leaf. It contains a wealth of antioxidants, an abundance of polyphenols, and L-Theanine--an amino acid that increases alpha wave activity in the brain, reduces anxiety, and increases focus. Matcha also alkalizes your body and protects it from free-radicals that can create inflammation and disease. It protects the heart & reduces blood pressure, builds immunity, manages appetite & assists weight reduction and more.
- Lemongrass contains three powerful compounds called chlorogenic acid, isoorientin, among others, that battle free radicals, protecting the cells from damage caused by stress, age, and various degenerative health conditions. It can help prevent cavities and oral infections, alleviate stress and promote ease, and support the immune system.
- Pineapple is deliciously high in bromelain, a digestive enzyme that has been used in South America to reduce swelling and to support overall well-being. When steeped into a tea, this tropical powerhouse imparts a slightly sweet aroma and palate. It also helps to combat inflammation in the body, and brings brightness to this green tea-based blend.
Watch below as Zhena shares more about this blend and how to prepare Emerald in three ways: as a delicious iced or mocktail, a nourishing latte, and as a refreshing iced tea to sip all spring and summer long.
And we hope you enjoy sipping this exquisite tea, to nourish yourself inside and out.